Wednesday, 14 July 2021

New Website Progress

I have ben working hard at putting in a VR menu for selecting the page skin.  This allows switching to a more standard HTML page.  I had a VR flower hanging around, so I decided to recycle it for the job.

I have also been aligning the VR skin with the graphic skin (= standard HTML page) for the home page and the history room.  The content now replicates on both, however, there is still a lot of work to get the graphic skin to use the available space properly.

Lately I have been working on a VR book simulation.  Particularly as I am going to be putting in a fair amount of text, there is a limit to the number of sheets of paper I can leave lying around.  A book is clearly a lot of work so was thinking of avoiding it.  However, I finally got my head around how to break up one of my terribly-overloaded constructs and that made the book idea much easier.  Still lots of glitches in it, and one piece of (small) extra functionality to add to get it to work, but it is finally coming together.

There are lots of items of functionality I have backed up, but the only functionality left now before first release is the reactive page handling.  After that, it is just the remaining content.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Attic Room History Room Gallery The Street