Wednesday, 22 September 2021

Friday, 17 September 2021

The New Plan

 I have come to a decision!  Since moving all the painting updates to my new website (not visited yet??) this blogspot has been hanging around a bit.  I have decided to bring this back to life, but closely coupled to the website.  As the website is on a shared server, there is no simple way to provide a comment service, and I don't want to reinvent one if I don't have to.  So I am going to redo this blogspot to follow the page structure of my website so that it will allow comments to be added and so that it feels as joined up as possible.  That means that I will be deleting all the pages I have done here and adding new ones that link up to the website.

Friday, 6 August 2021

The New Website

 I've added another snapshot to the page.  I hope to get it public within the week.

It's gone public!!!

Wednesday, 4 August 2021

A New Street Scene

Here we go - I'm off on a new adventure.  I have done street scenes a few times.  "Street Levels" was an experiment in impersonating a ravine.  "A Shopping Street" tried to capture something of a nebulous town centre.  Then I did two paintings from real streets: one in Bellagio and the other in Prague.  This one is from the imagination and is to be a street in the rain.  I may rename the painting as such.  I tried this before and failed.

Street (2021)

Saturday, 31 July 2021

The Toymaker is Made

That wraps up The Toymaker.  That was a good fun painting to break the gap: nearly a year since my last one.  The next one will come along much faster.  I think I had better plan it.

Thursday, 22 July 2021

Toymaker Trouble

Working at home in acrylics on my club evening painting.  Disgraceful.  Little bits and pieces and a complete hash.  These things are sent us to make us better painters.

Work done to fix that complete hash.  It is time to sit on this for a bit and come back to it.

Wednesday, 14 July 2021

New Website Progress

I have ben working hard at putting in a VR menu for selecting the page skin.  This allows switching to a more standard HTML page.  I had a VR flower hanging around, so I decided to recycle it for the job.

I have also been aligning the VR skin with the graphic skin (= standard HTML page) for the home page and the history room.  The content now replicates on both, however, there is still a lot of work to get the graphic skin to use the available space properly.

Lately I have been working on a VR book simulation.  Particularly as I am going to be putting in a fair amount of text, there is a limit to the number of sheets of paper I can leave lying around.  A book is clearly a lot of work so was thinking of avoiding it.  However, I finally got my head around how to break up one of my terribly-overloaded constructs and that made the book idea much easier.  Still lots of glitches in it, and one piece of (small) extra functionality to add to get it to work, but it is finally coming together.

There are lots of items of functionality I have backed up, but the only functionality left now before first release is the reactive page handling.  After that, it is just the remaining content.


The Attic Room History Room Gallery The Street