Friday 3 April 2020

Starting off

With Coronavirus panic being a decent kick up the backside, and the cancellation of our art club calendar, it's time to start that blog I've been thinking about. So the main aim is: keep in touch. However, I thought I'd go one step further... this is not just a list of what I'm up to. I'll keep a central blog so that anyone can see what changes have been made, but most of all, this is about doing projects.

I will start a separate page rumbling for each painting /as it happens/. I will say what I'm doing before I do it, which approach I am using and why. I will do this without knowing in advance whether the painting will flop. Just occasionally they do flop, badly. I guess that makes it more entertainment than instruction. I will also not hold back on my deeply-held artistic beliefs, you know the ones that last a couple of paintings before embarrassingly expiring? Yeah, those ones.

Keeping in mind that I have a full-time job and so only get a handful hours a week, this is not going to be the Fastest Blog in the West. So please be patient with me. I will mitigate a bit by going over passed records. Cue lots of snapshots and waffle. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Index

The Attic Room History Room Gallery The Street